Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Day 3 — Your parents.

To my dearest daddy,
No words can describe how much I appreciate you and the things you’ve done for this family. You are a wonderful father who have always put your daughters first. If anything ever happened, I know you would give us the clothes off your back and I love you for that.
I’ve been helping you out with the family business ever since the tender age of 13 and I will always continue to do so. I know how hard you work for this family and I don’t want you to think for a second that I would ever turn my back on you. You’re so hardworking, family-oriented, driven, and you make me a better person. You give so much of yourself and you always have. I just want you to know how lucky I feel to be your daughter.


Dear Mommy,
I don’t know where to start. I love you even though we’re not as close as most mothers and daughters are. Sometimes, I just really need a mother but I don’t think you always act like one. You transformed a lot and I miss how things used to be. Your actions are so careless and selfish at times. It’s hard to spend time with the family when you’re never home. Recently, I feel like we don’t know each other anymore. We see each other for 5.3 minutes during the day and we’re already bickering and yelling. We both have things we can work on, I agree. Maybe, after the divorce, things just changed. I’m getting older and you’re living in the moment, trying to find yourself and we’re just growing apart way too fast. Even though I don’t always agree with your decisions, I know I should be more understanding towards you and the things you do. You’ve been through a lot. Having four daughters in a 20-year marriage that ultimately failed is a hard pill to swallow and I know the divorce put a huge toll on you. You’re not a horrible person or mother because deep down, I know you care and there is a part of you that longs for us to be a real family again. I really do wish we had a better relationship.

No comments:

Post a Comment