Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Day 11 — A Deceased person you wish you could talk to.

To my grandpa chen:

You passed away when I was 7, but some of my greatest childhood memories revolve around you. I am not afraid of a lot of things, but I was truly afraid when I lost you. And now, I'm just afraid that I will forget you in time. It's been so long and I was fairly young, but there are just some things I can't forget. You may not know it, but I still cling onto the thought of you. I remember your favorite blue chair and how you would be able to sit there for hours, watching tv and holding me on your lap. I remember the sweet bread you used to buy every week just because it was your favorite. I remember how you used to spread newspapers on the dinner table before we ever had our meals. You used to wake up early just to cook for me when I came over daily and you spoiled me rotten. I was considered the youngest then and you used to spin me around, tell me I was your favorite, hold me in your arms, and keep the older kids from picking on me. You scolded them for messing with me, spanked their booties when they pulled pranks on me, and you never let anything bad happen to me. You protected me and you were my protector. When you passed away, I felt scared and unsure of myself. You always made me feel safe and I don't think I have ever felt the same love again. No one did ever love me the way you loved me. The bond we had was special and I will always remember you dearly. If I could tell you something, anything. I would tell you how fond I am of you and how much I miss you. You were the head of our household, a true family man, and my wonderful ye-ye.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, you have an excellent blog! I just started my own Art blog and noticed you liked art as well, maybe you can check it out =)
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this post a lot.
    I too have lost a grandparent fairly recently...its so hard.

    Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete