Monday, August 30, 2010

Day 10 — Someone you don’t talk to as much as you’d like to.

To my sweet, dear grandma:

My whole life growing up, I have always considered you my parent. You brought me up, taught me right from wrong, and g ave me a special kind of love unlike any other. I'm not saying dad and my mom weren't great parents. I know they did their best, but any ounce of good sense I may have picked up along the way has come from you. You are my sweet, sweet ma-ma who has raised me with so much love, taught me the morals I encompass to this day, and encourage me always with your wise words. I am the way I am today because of you and no one could ever come close. As a little girl, I have always been by your side. And I also know that as time flies by and seasons change, I am growing up and unintentionally, slowly drifting from your side. You probably think I forgot about you since I don't always get to see you as much as I would like. You have no idea how sad that makes me because it couldn't be farther from the truth. You mean everything to me and I want to do my best from now on to come see you more often. The truth of the matter is I don't think I will ever be able to care and love another human being the way I do with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment