Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Day 15 — The person you miss the most.

Janet Khuu,
We've been friends for a long time coming now. I believe it's been 8 or 9 years, at most. It's funny to think that we were once wacky, angry pre-teens raging with hormones. And how in some ways, we still haven't changed. We've had our ups and downs. We've seen each other at our best and we've seen each other at our worst. Looking back, I can see how much we have both transformed and how much our friendship is still progressing. Recently, you went on Taiwan for vacation. I don't know why but I've been thinking a lot about you and just friendships in general. I called your phone on numerous occasions, hoping you would pick up so I could tell you how much I miss you and complain about all the things going on in my life right now. Of course i knew that all these calls would go straight to voicemail but you still have no idea how disappointed I was every time it did. And yes, sometimes I can be really blind. It took me your going away for a month to realize how you are my truest friend, how friendships like ours are so rare, and how glad I am that you are in my life. You are so true, loyal, and good to me. I really am lucky to have you as my friend. So many people go through life without finding that one person who understands them, but I have that in you. You have definitely impacted my life in a dramatic way so with that said...I really fucking miss you. And I can't wait, can't wait, can't wait for you to come back home to Boston.

No comments:

Post a Comment