Sunday, October 3, 2010

Day 14 — Someone you’ve drifted away from.

TMak,
Some time ago, if anyone asked me who I considered my best friend, I would say your name first without even a hesitation or blink of an eye. You were once the only person I trusted and the person who knew me better than I knew myself. I had two best friends and then I went from having two to losing the most important part of me. We went from being the best of friends to strangers. Now, we don’t even talk anymore. And I ponder from time to time about when, why, how, and where did we go wrong? It was hard to stay in touch after high school because of college, distance, and simply the fact that we were just busy. Yeah, time and distance separated us but everything just went downhill from there. You went from being the person I knew best to being someone I don’t even know at all. I feel like things could’ve been different. I don't know how you feel about it or if you blame me, but I don't think it's completely my fault. Honestly, it goes both ways because you could've tried harder to reach out to me too. I feel like we just kind of gave up. Yeah, friendships change and sometimes friends just drift apart, but it was different for us. You were like a sister to me and I know that for me, there are some things I would have done differently to have you back in my life. Who knows what will happen in the future or when the next time we'll talk again will be. I still love you to death and wish you nothing but the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment