Friday, January 8, 2010

goodbye 2009...for good.

It's been 2010 for a week now and I guess it all just hasn't really sinked in yet. I just felt like 2009 went by extremely fast and I can't believe now it's another year already. At first, I thought to myself, "Did I really have time to enjoy 2009? Did I do anything spectacular or out of the blue?" But then the more I thought, the more I realized 2009 was indeed a great year. There were so many good times which in turn made it all seem to go by way too fast. I'm actually realizing that I'm kinda, sorta sad to see it go in a way. But a new year means a time to make new memories and I'm actually looking forward to see what's in store for me.

2009 was the year I experienced: laughter, drunken episodes, new friendships, goodbyes, a broken heart, long, hot showers, karaoke, drinking too much coffee, fabulous weekends, dancing until blistered feet, tears, late night movies, shopping endlessly, the nightlife, disagreements, sleeping in, our first black president, hour-long phone conversations, home cooked meals, sweet dreams, wonderful company, the beautiful city of Boston, comedy clubs, infatuation, game nights, lazy Sundays, reading myself to sleep, catching up with old friends, my baby sister learning how to walk, and my love for all things floral.

With anticipation, in 2010, I will resolve to:
-smile more
-be a better granddaughter, daughter, sister, and friend
-be mindful about my thoughts and actions (could be anything from gossiping or the art of expressing thanks)
-make my new friendships hopefully into old and fruitful friendships
-read and write more often
-realize that it's not always a bad thing to put yourself out there once in a while
-be happy, be loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment