Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Settling

My whole life, I've settled. Settled for the absolute bare minimum. I used to find myself settling in all aspects of major life decisions: career, lifestyle, love. Settling on my grades in school. Settling financially, never caring to weigh my options. Settling for people. For friends. For love. Settling for just getting by. Always just accepting the love I thought I deserved. How sad is it to feel best at living a partial life? Never willing to learn, to take action, to strive a little bit bigger. How naive I was. To never see my potential meant I never had an available opportunity to believe I was strong beyond measure.

I'm done chasing the wrong things. I'm finally going to give the right things a chance to catch me. I'm changing the way I think, changing the way I feel, and I'm raising the bar. No more settling for mediocrity.

No comments:

Post a Comment