Friday, March 1, 2013

Goals


I just received my diploma in the mail and I really don’t think it has hit me yet. As I look back, I remember there was a time when even I thought I wasn’t going to graduate. I was failing and withdrawing classes. I was lazy and unmotivated. It’s crazy how I went from being at risk of academic probation to receiving Dean’s List during my last two terms of college. From changing my GPA from a 1.98 to a 2.73 has been a huge academic feat for me. Although my GPA is no where near a 4.0, I feel as if I have accomplished and overcome so much to get to where I am today. I never thought I would see this day.

Currently, I am working three jobs, seven days a week. I’m exhausted. There are days where I feel stressed, negative, and annoyed but I need to keep reminding myself not to give up now. I don’t ever want to drift from my goals and passions for my future. My biggest ambition for right now is to go back to school and receive my Master’s degree. There is nothing I want more than that. I truly believe education will be the key to changing my life around. It can help me change a negative to a positive. It will make me realize who I am, what I want, and it will ultimately give me worldly knowledge that I can use throughout my life. I’m almost 24 already and I don’t want to live my life in regret. 

No comments:

Post a Comment